Grace Chapel was originally organized as a Sunday School on October 4, 1908, and met in homes along Eagle Road. A vacant Sunday School building called “Grace Chapel”, located in the neighboring community of Bryn Mawr, was moved piece-by-piece to Havertown. The reconstructed building, located on the corner of Eagle & Darby Roads in Havertown, Pennsylvania, was dedicated on March 7, 1909. On March 23, 1913, Grace Chapel was officially organized as a church. Its 77 charter members were from six different denominations.
The present church building was originally constructed in 1914 and has undergone several expansions and modifications since that time.
Grace Chapel’s missions ministry began in 1911. Currently our missionary family is scattered throughout 31 countries around the world faithfully seeking to preach the good news, minister to the needs of hurting people, disciple believers, nurture young churches and train leaders who can carry on and multiply the ministry. Missionary guest speakers visit us at various times throughout the year to share what the Lord is doing in their part of the world. Two weekends a year are scheduled Mission Focus Weekends. We encourage our community to pray for and communicate with our missionaries and to participate in short term mission trips in order to learn firsthand about the work of God’s church worldwide.